HOW TO PLAN YOUR VISIT
Please plan your unloading in order to respect the closing hours. The Régie recalls that the eco-centers operate on a self-service basis;
Citizens must be able to dispose of heavy objects independently. Also, sorting materials by category before arriving at the ecocentre speeds up the service;
Please be courteous to the employees and other users of the ecocentres during your visit.
We thank you for your collaboration.
ONLINE APPLICATION FORMS
The City of Shannon would like to inform citizens that for any issues concerning waste management (bins, collection, ecocentres, the citizen’s guide, salvageable material, forms, etc.), you must communicate directly with the Régie régionale de gestion des matières résiduelles de Portneuf, which now has five new online application forms:
- Rolling bin (green bin/brown bin) request
- Recyclable material container request (commercial multi-unit)
- Maintenance and repair request
- Waste not picked up
- Residential septic tank drainage request.
For more informations, visit laregieverte.ca
The Régie now has its Facebook page! Subscribe for news, opening hours, tips and practical tips, etc.
Below are the residual materials prohibited for your wheeled bin!
- Batteries, batteries or bulbs: you can recycle them through specialized channels. There are also many collection points in supermarkets.
- Expired medications: these must be brought to the pharmacy to ensure that they are disposed of in an environmental and safe manner.
- Electrical and electronic equipment: there are dedicated sectors for this type of residual material. You can take them back to a distributor. You can also donate it to an association or drop it off at an ecocentre. Some mobile operators collect your old cell phone in store to recondition it or give it to an association.
- Edible oils: they can be thrown into your ordinary bin in small quantities, but it is preferable to deposit them in ecocentres.
- Motor oils and other waste oils: you can dispose of them in ecocentres.
- Tires: they must be returned to a garage or an ecocentre. Do not hesitate to call your mechanic in advance to make sure that he takes over the old tires.
By depositing your residual materials in the right place, you contribute to the protection of the environment. You also contribute to the proper functioning of your municipal facilities and to the safety of the employees who work there.
COLLECTION CALENDARS SHANNON
Christmas tree collection
Give your natural tree a second life by dropping it off at one of the following drop-off points until January 14, 2024.
- Parking located opposite 77, chemin de Gosford (fire station).
- Ecocentre Ste-Catherine-de-la-Jacques-Cartier, 150, rue Clément-Paquet.
All trees collected will be shredded and transformed into compost.
Note: Shannon citizens can bring their trees at any time to the Ste-Catherine-de-la-Jacques-Cartier ecocenter, 150 rue Clément-Paquet (depending on opening hours).
Date : From May 27 to May 31, 2024
Branches must be on the road on the first day to facilitate pickup.
NOTE THAT BRANCHES MUST:
Be assembled in bundles;
Do not exceed a length of 4 feet;
Be placed on the edge of the street;
The City of Shannon reminds you that as part of the branch collection it is important to release access to the fire hydrants to facilitate the work of firefighters.
Septic tank emptying 2024
The septic tank emptying for 2023 will take place on the SOUTH side.
A notice by mail is sent to the citizens concerned (3) three weeks before the scheduled date.
In order to prepare yourself well, we invite you to look at the steps to follow in preparing the draining of your septic system.
For any questions, please contact the Land Planning Department at 418 844-3778.
Bulk garbage pick-up
Dates: Monday, June 3 and Thursday, September 5, 2024
To know the accepted materials click HERE
Please take note that the next leaf pick-up for 2022 will be on:
- Mondays, May 6, October 7 and 21 and November 4, 2024.
ACCEPTED ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT:
- Other electronic equipment
PROHIBITION ON THE DISPOSAL OF HAZARDOUS MATERIALS
To ensure the safety of the citizens, the City of Shannon now prohibits the deposit of hazardous materials in all the containers of the City including the gray container located near the municipal garage at 79, Gosford Road.
The gray container is strictly reserved for the recovery of computer equipment such as printers, monitors, cell phones and other parts. Hazardous materials such as containers of used paint, aerosol cans, chlorine containers, propane tanks, etc., must be deposited at the Ecocentre Ste-Catherine-de-la-Jacques-Cartier located at 150, rue Clément-Paquet or Neuville located at 1310, chemin du Site.
Please note that the city’s containers are equipped with surveillance cameras and that any offense is punishable by a fine.
We thank all our citizens for your usual collaboration.
Please note that household appliances are not accepted.
ECOCENTRE CONTACT INFORMATION
150, rue Clément-Paquet (Secteur du parc industriel, accès par la rue Edward-Assh et Elzéar-Bertrand)
Telephone : 418 876-2714
Toll free: 1 866 760-2714
1310, chemin du Site
Telephone : 418 873-1250
Fax: 418 873-1290
590, chemin Bourg-Louis
Telephone : 418 876-2714
Toll Free : 1 866 760-2714