OPERATION ADAPTED TO THE CONTEXT OF THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
To minimize the risk of spreading the COVID-19 virus and to promote physical distance, the following measures are in place:
- All users must wear a mask or face covering in all of the Régie’s ecocentres (indoor and outdoor). Access to the facilities will be prohibited for anyone refusing to wear a mask;
- The number of vehicles on the sites will be limited, allow waiting times;
- On site, a minimum distance of 2 meters between people must be kept at all times;
- Children and pets must remain in the vehicle at all times;
- Ideally, only one person per vehicle, unless you need assistance to dispose of your heavy objects;
- The buildings and toilets are for the exclusive use of employees;
- Please plan your unloading in order to respect the closing hours. The Régie recalls that the eco-centers operate on a self-service basis;
- Citizens must therefore be able to dispose of heavy objects independently. Also, sorting materials by category before arriving at the ecocentre speeds up the service;
- Please be courteous to the employees and other users of the ecocentres during your visit.
We thank you for your collaboration.
Note: The collection of waste, recyclable and organic materials scheduled on the calendar continues as planned.
The Board is monitoring developments and inviting people to subscribe to its Facebook page and consult www.laregieverte.ca to be notified of any changes.
ONLINE APPLICATION FORMS
The City of Shannon would like to inform citizens that for any issues concerning waste management (bins, collection, ecocentres, the citizen’s guide, salvageable material, forms, etc.), you must communicate directly with the Régie régionale de gestion des matières résiduelles de Portneuf, which now has five new online application forms:
- Rolling bin (green bin/brown bin) request
- Recyclable material container request (commercial multi-unit)
- Maintenance and repair request
- Waste not picked up
- Residential septic tank drainage request.
For more informations, visit laregieverte.ca
The Régie now has its Facebook page! Subscribe for news, opening hours, tips and practical tips, etc.
Collection calendar Shannon
Date : Next pick-up in 2021
Branches must be on the road on the first day to facilitate pickup.
NOTE THAT BRANCHES MUST:
Be assembled in bundles;
Do not exceed a length of 4 feet;
Be placed on the edge of the street;
The City of Shannon reminds you that as part of the branch collection it is important to release access to the fire hydrants to facilitate the work of firefighters.
Septic tank emptying 2021
The septic tank emptying for 2021 will take place on the NORTH side.
A notice by mail is sent to the citizens concerned (3) three weeks before the scheduled date.
In order to prepare yourself well, we invite you to look at the steps to follow in preparing the draining of your septic system.
Watch the video (French only)
For any questions, please contact the Land Planning Department at 418 844-3778.
Bulk garbage pick-up
Dates: 2021 dates to come
To know the accepted materials click HERE
Please take note that the next leaf pick-up will be on Monday October
26th and November 9th
ACCEPTED ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT:
- Other electronic equipment
PROHIBITION ON THE DISPOSAL OF HAZARDOUS MATERIALS
To ensure the safety of the citizens, the City of Shannon now prohibits the deposit of hazardous materials in all the containers of the City including the gray container located near the municipal garage at 79, Gosford Road.
The gray container is strictly reserved for the recovery of computer equipment such as printers, monitors, cell phones and other parts. Hazardous materials such as containers of used paint, aerosol cans, chlorine containers, propane tanks, etc., must be deposited at the Ecocentre Ste-Catherine-de-la-Jacques-Cartier located at 150, rue Clément-Paquet or Neuville located at 1310, chemin du Site.
Please note that the city’s containers are equipped with surveillance cameras and that any offense is punishable by a fine.
We thank all our citizens for your usual collaboration.
Please note that household appliances are not accepted.
ECOCENTRE CONTACT INFORMATION
150, rue Clément-Paquet (Secteur du parc industriel, accès par la rue Edward-Assh et Elzéar-Bertrand)
Telephone : 418 876-2714
Toll free: 1 866 760-2714
1310, chemin du Site
Telephone : 418 873-1250
Fax: 418 873-1290
590, chemin Bourg-Louis
Telephone : 418 876-2714
Toll Free : 1 866 760-2714