The Communications Department is responsible for disseminating information about City Council decisions and city activities. It plans, develops, designs, drafts and disseminates information and communication solutions and strategies in line with municipal guidelines. It works with all municipal departments in order to:
- Promote activities and events, public services, achievements of the municipal services, city council guidelines and community values;
- Disseminate general information about the living environment;
- Promote the City of Shannon within the region;
- Act as the city’s media spokesperson;
- Promptly inform the public of emergency measures.
Through its actions, the Communications Department helps the city reach citizens along with its various clienteles in addition to promoting a close relationship between elected officials, municipal services and citizens.
To contact the Communications Department:
Tel.: 418 844-3778