COVID-19: Measures in force
In compliance with the sanitary measures prescribed by Public Health and in order to ensure the safety of employees and users, the municipal library applied the following measures:
- Wearing a mask is mandatory;
- Respect for the principles of physical distancing (1 meter);
- Transparent partitions installed at the service counter;
- Disinfectant gel dispensers;
- Distancing from computer stations;
- Maintenance of hygiene measures with frequently touched material, equipment and surfaces;
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult;
Due to the distancing rules, the following measures will be in effect:
- The accommodation capacity has been set at a maximum of 10 family units at a time inside the building.
- The maximum visit duration has been set at 30 minutes per person or group.
- Only one family unit per department at a time, children must stay with parents at all times;
Renew your books online!
A little reminder for subscribers who have one or more books to renew.
Before going to the library with your book, it is possible to renew it over the Internet as follows (Instructions will be in French):
1. Go to our mabibliotheque.ca/shannon page;
2. Click on the MY FILE tab at the top right;
3. Enter your user number (all digits including zeros) and your PIN (the first four letters of your last name in lowercase);
4. Click on CONNECT ME;
5. Then click on MY FILE in the gray line;
6. Click on RENEW LOAN;
7. Once in your file, select the titles you want to renew with a check mark;
8. Finally, click on the green button at the bottom of the RENEW SELECTED LOANS screen.
For more information, or for any question related to the services offered, citizens are invited to contact the library staff by calling 418 844-3778 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Note that the above-mentioned information may need to change depending on the progress of the situation in connection with the current COVID-19 pandemic.
The Shannon Municipal Library, which offers a modern yet warm environment, is a free service for residents of Shannon and the Valcartier Garrison family housing.
As a member, you will have access to an extensive bilingual collection of books, periodicals, compact discs and DVDs for adults and children. You will also have access to various online services including an extensive collection of bilingual eBooks for adults and children. The library also offers Québec periodicals, free access to RBdigital for downloading periodicals in French and English and access to Genealogy Québec where you can conduct bilingual research on your ancestors.
For those who would only like to use the online services, you can subscribe online on the library’s website.
« MUSÉO des musées à emporter ! » allows subscribers to borrow a MUSÉO card that gives a family of two adults and two children under 12 years of age free access to seven museums in the province including three in Québec City. Certain conditions apply.
Several activities are offered throughout the year, including story time for the youngest children. For children aged 6 to 12, two (2) youth reading clubs are offered, one club during the school year and another during the summer, for the fun of reading.
In addition to our own collection, as a member of the BIBLIO CNCA Network, the Shannon Library has access to the collections of more than 800 libraries affiliated with the BIBLIO Network of Québec and the BAnQ (Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec) via interlibrary loans (PEB).
Would you like to subscribe ?
You only need to show proof of residence (driver’s licence or account receipt with your full address or tax account) when you register. Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult to register.
Fines and other charges
Please remember that the municipal library only accepts cash payments for fines and other fees.
The Shannon Municipal Library offers a variety of historical and artistic exhibits throughout the year.
If you wish to hold an exhibit in our library’s showroom, please contact us. We will be happy to let you know the details.
To learn more about your library and access online services, visit the Shannon Library website.
To consult the upcoming activities. (French)
40, Saint-Patrick Street
Shannon (Qc) G3S 1P7
Telephone : 418 844-3778
Email : email@example.com
- Monday: closed
- Tuesday: 1:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. / 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. / 1:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Sunday: closed
The library schedule is subject to change throughout the year