Two By-Laws regarding animals are in effect in the City.

Consult the By-Laws:

By-Law 618-19
By-Law 633-19

Dog licences

Domestic dogs must have a licence and the licence must be renewed each year at a cost of $30.

Simply complete the attached form, sign it and bring it to the City Hall at 50 rue Saint-Patrick to proceed with payment.

Payment can be made by cheque, cash or debit card.

Dog licences 2020 will be available in February.

Lost, found, captured

If it is wearing a city-issued tag, a found dog will be sent to the Québec City SPA located at 1130 avenue Galilée, Québec City.

To pick it up, please call 418 527-9104.

Please note that the City of Shannon does not offer any services for lost or found cats.

The City wishes to remind the citizens that the owners of animals captured in Shannon territory, which have been reported to the Société protectrice des animaux de Québec (SPA), will be billed for the cost of the SPA services plus a sum of 15 % as an administrative fee, to recover their animal.

To report a lost, found or captured dog, please contact the city at 418 844-3778 or via email at

Pests – Damage caused by wildlife

If you are having trouble with an animal that is causing damage (groundhogs, squirrels, bears, raccoons or others), please consult the file on this animal on the ministère des Forêts, de la Faune et des Parcs website. There, you will find suggested solutions.

Consult the files (in French only)

Sick or dead animals

If you find a sick or dead wild animal, please contact the ministère des Forêts, de la Faune et des Parcs at 1 877 346-6763.