Any property access requests must include a deposit cheque for one thousand dollars ($1,000), payable to the City of Shannon, whether or not they include installing a culvert or laying pipes to close ditches. This cheque will be refunded after the earthworks are completed and after a municipal representative conducts an inspection to ensure that no damage to the right-of-way or municipal property is found.

The Planning Department would like to remind you that it is important to apply for a permit in due form before performing any work on the municipal right-of-way or before closing a ditch.

In 2012, the City Council adopted a Stormwater Management Policy in the wake of a new related government policy. To read it, click here.

To read the By-Law regarding property access, please click here.