WHO WE ARE
901 Squadron is a local unit of the Canadian Cadet program. We have been offering activities for teens of 12 to 18 for over 30 years. As part of the Canadian Cadet Organization, we are a civilian program for young Canadians. Cadets are not members of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) and the Cadet Program is not a recruitment platform for the CAF.
Our goal is to help young people develop life skills, such as teamwork, leadership and decision-making that will be useful to them in their adult lives.
WHAT WE OFFER
Squadron 901 offers stimulating, safe and FREE activities for all interests supervised by specially trained adults.
- Outdoor enthusiasts will love our forest survival program.
- Athletes will be able to join our various sports teams and compete in different competitions across the province and across Canada. We have Olympic-style Biathlon and Precision Shooting Teams, among others.
- Creative’s will have the opportunity to join the squadron’s music program. We even lend the instruments.
- Discover the science behind aeronautical applications. We offer an immersion in the worlds of aviation and aerospace
- The best senior cadets will even be able to obtain a pilot’s scholarship as well as learn how to fly a glider and/or a small motorized aircraft in order to obtain a private pilot.
You want to be part of a dynamic group, now’s the time! Our program runs from September to June and our instruction evenings are Friday’s from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Visit our website to join the Squadron or for more information about our activities: http://escadron901.com/.