The Valcartier Family Centre is a community organization governed by military families. It welcomes and helps individuals and their families from the time they join the military community until their reintegration into the civilian community. At the heart of the military community in Eastern Québec, the VFC recognizes their unique experience and power to act.
The Valcartier Family Centre has been recognized by the military and civilian communities for its leading expertise and caring leadership as well as for various innovative services that focus on the needs of military families. Within an effective structure, the VFC contributes to the military community’s well-being by relying on a competent, caring and committed team, and a network of important partners.
Some services are also offered to the City of Shannon’s civilian population.
- Personalized assistance during the transfer process (military family)
- Integration and welcome activities
- Second language course
- Employment assistance (military and/or civilian English-speaking family)
- Occasional and emergency child care service
- Volunteer opportunities
- Prevention and relationship counselling (military family)
- Support during absence (military family)
- Child and youth services
- And much more.
Visit our website for more details on our services, activities and programming.